One of my favorite stories about accents happened to my brother Alfonso. This goes back 29 years ago, when he had just moved into the country. Actually, he was taking English classes because he was just freshly unpacked from Guadalajara. As he was helping a customer, a good looking woman, he was trying to do his best to assist her, and at the same time to practice his English. He had just learned a new phrase, which was “…as a matter of fact.” He was constantly using this new phrase—as a matter of fact this…as a matter of fact that. As part of the discourse with this customer, he used his famous phrase. He doesn’t know howRead More
Filtering by Category: Humor
I received this email from my brother in Mexico and I just have to share it! I had a good laugh and I hope you do too! ( I will translate it the best that I can.)
Why are men so happy? A WOMAN’S ANSWERS!
- They get to keep their last name forever.
- The garage belongs ONLY to them.
- I confess that some days I feel like not getting up from bed.
- I confess that writing in English is impossible for me.
- I confess that when I was young I wanted to have big boobs!
- I confess that the idea was dumb!