I Dare You!
I’ve been reflecting how different life is now-a-days compared to 15 years ago or so. I know you might say that this is not a very brilliant reflection, but the other day I left my phone at home and I was in a complete PANIC until I went back to my house for it. Who knows, I could have missed a business phone call, or if I get lucky a romantic text or phone call from who knows!! Maybe could have been from Switzerland, or something related to my very busy social life! This panic attack got me thinking about our modern life. By now you know how my brain works. I know I’m not alone so I’m going to dare myself and dare you to the following list I made. Let’s have fun!
1. I dare you not to check the text messages on your phone every 10 minutes
2. I dare you not to go out of your mind if you send a text and don’t get a response asap!!
3. I dare you that as soon as you get a text to send a response asap, instead of FORGETTING
4. I dare you to remember ALL of the passwords you have
5. I dare you to remember ANY of the telephone numbers that are on your phone. Do you know your best friends/boyfriend/lover/kids/mother’s telephone number?
6. I dare you to try to resolve a problem on the computer without asking a 10 year old
7. I dare you to remember in which file you put that super important information
8. I dare you, after looking for hours for a file, to remember what is in the file you’re actually looking for
9. I dare you to not feel embarrassed when you have to enter your password but cannot remember which one it is, even though you have used in like a zillion times
10. I dare you to not feel arrogant when you resolve a computer problem by yourself
11. I dare you not to want to SHOOT yourself if you drop your cell phone in the toilet
12. I dare you to visit a friend instead of wasting that time on your phone
13. I dare you to not feel completely lost and hopeless if you forget your phone at home
14. I dare you to not chastise yourself if you send a text to the wrong person, but try not to do that!
15. I dare you to not go sleep with your phone less than 5 feet away from you
16. I dare you not to freak out if your battery is dying and you are dining to climb over tables and other diners to plug in your charger.
17. I dare you to not check your email/text/what’s up/instagram/facebook/twitter first thing in the morning and last thing before you go to bed
These are some of the things that I’ve come up with. Am I right, or am I right?! Can you share yours? Do you have any dares for me? E-mail me at GuadalupeGoler@hotmail.com Also, please follow us on Instagram (GolerShoes) andFacebook, but what really makes me happy is when you come into the store.
P.S. I want to thank you all for the wonderful messages I got from my last Just for Kicks about Raul. It makes me feel the love from all of you!