Lately, I’ve been hearing the word gratitude a lot. It seems when Thanksgiving hits, it tends to put us in a more “appreciative” mood. And even if some of it is marketing, you know what? I think it’s fine! I am grateful for whatever it is that makes us look at what we DO have in our lives as opposed to what we DON’T have!
Keeping up with our 30th-theme, here is my list—I’m grateful for:
- The beautiful smile that Audrey, our parking lot attendant, gives me every time he is there
- My 5 a.m. latte at home
- My cozy bed
- The fact that I don’t bite my nails anymore
- My mother, that she is always happy to hear my voice as I am glad to hear hers
- My grandchildren, who remind me to see life with fresh eyes
- My friends, who always make me laugh, cry, and who like to talk about men (in a good way!)
- My daughter, Paula, who is always right
- My son, Chico, who makes me laugh
- My brother, Alfonso, who is always there for me during the good, the bad, and the ugly (and the successful!)
- My shoe closet
- All the meals I have at La Boca
- The memories I have of those who have passed (my father, my cousin Manuel, and Eric)
- Jalapeños, cheese and potato chips… but not necessarily together
- My accent (my daughter always tells me I get away with saying anything because of my accent!)
- My store
- Loyal employees
- My BFF Lleta
- Real books
- Cool reading glasses
- Being bilingual
- My travels around the world
- When I get to see my grandsons from Brazil
- My regular spinning class and cohorts!
- New Mexico sunsets
- My energy, creativity and positive attitude
- My name
- MYSELF (LOL, but seriously!)
- My customers! You have been there for me for 30 years.
My list can go on and on and on! And because I am in this mood, we are having a party at the store on December 12th from 5pm to 8pm. I have decked our halls—so go ahead, dress to the nines and slip on your favorite Goler shoes for this festivity. Please come and celebrate with me! Let me give you a hug to thank you for all your support through the years. Come and share with me what you are grateful for!